We take you through a unique and effective process to clarify, strengthen, and execute your brand. Our approach is 360. We look at your whole organization, recognizing that the internal implementation of a brand is just as important as the external.
How well have you answered these questions:
- What business are you in?
- Who is your natural customer?
- What does your customer value?
- How do you satisfy your customer more deeply than any of your competitors?
Some of the simplest-sounding questions are very difficult to answer, but they must be answered well if you are to achieve your strategic goals. Strategy is about making the right choices so that you can spend your resources where and with whom they will have the greatest possible effect.
Some points to consider:
No one buys what you sell. They buy what is of value to them. This means that you must understand what your consumers truly value if you are going to be able to deeply satisfy them. This is the key to effective marketing. To be strategic, you must know what your customer (audience, client) values and then be able to consistently deliver in service of that knowledge through both operations and communications.
Tronvig Group helps you to be more strategic. We do not promise anything easy, but we do promise a clearer and more effective strategy than you have now.
Some of our proven effective tools
This simple, analytical diagram, hierarchically organized with the most important content at the top, codifies and expresses organizational consensus on key strategic questions and is used to measure the brand alignment of all tactical actions.
This Venn diagram summarizes how your brand brings value to its consumers and who among your consumers is most naturally predisposed to appreciate your brand or product’s delivered value.
This Venn diagram gives guidance for your marketing strategy by persona, clarifying what marketing messages will resonate, and what factors, if effectively communicated, will improve your perceived value for that marketing target.
- We start at the intersection of your institutional offer and your consumer’s needs.
- We offer a behavior-based, deep, qualitative research model, and support this with other methods.
- We facilitate strategic consensus for internal and external application of strategy decisions.
- We stick around to see that strategies are converted into action and translated into behavior.
Is Tronvig Group different?
- Vision: “Finding creative ways to help our clients make the world better.”
- Values: Honesty: We will always tell you what we believe is right. Learning: We are a learning organization. Effectiveness: We model Plan, Do, Check, Act for continuous improvement. These are the three essential building blocks of our culture.
- Process: We integrate marketing strategy and brand strategy with your organizational culture to ensure you have a brand promise that is differentiated from your competition and one that you can consistently deliver on. Put another way, our process applies both brand strategy and marketing strategy analyses to the challenges you face outside and inside your organization. Then we stick around to do the hard work of organizational alignment so that you can make sure your brand is more than an espousal.
Phases of our Typical Process
Our process consists of four phases outlined in the subsequent lines. This outline is based on our 19 years of experience with branding projects.
Phase 1: Diagnostic Workshop
During the first weeks of the project, we will conduct a Project Kickoff and Brand Strategy Diagnostic Workshop. This is a key meeting during which stakeholders, staff, and project partners will seek to build consensus and momentum around the project objectives and process. This engagement will establish the first version of the organization’s Brand Pyramid, which clarifies answers to a number of fundamental questions. We will then develop a Brand Value Map that diagrams how key audiences relate to the organization’s value proposition. The initial Brand Value Map is a hypothesis that will guide Phase 2.
Phase 2: Research
In Phase 2, we focus on the brand strategy: What is the organization to its key audiences, what does each audience want from the organization, and how can the organization best reach them? We will test the Brand Value Map from Phase 1 by conducting interviews with a selection of audiences on the map that are deemed most important.
At this point our team may initiate research into the competitive advantage based on the identified needs and goals of the organization.
In this phase, we will deepen our understanding of the organization from the perspective of various audiences, allowing us to identify the most important audiences and the messages that will resonate with them. This process yields the insight necessary to develop a strategy around the most natural intersection of audience need and the organization’s offer.
Phase 3: Brand Strategy Development
The brand strategy reflects decisions made by the organization in consultation with Tronvig Group and guided by the findings.
The strategy itself is a summary, rendered in clear language, of the organization’s ideal future brand position. The document will describe the organization’s brand as it will be experienced by key audiences when the strategy is fully implemented. With this insight, we can assess the strategic alignment of virtually any current or future tactical activity or product: websites, programs, events, ad campaigns, publications, etc.
Phase 4: Alignment
Brand Alignment Workshops (based on strategy)
To prevent the brand strategy from being an intellectual but not operationalized document, Tronvig Group proposes to lead Brand Alignment Workshops with individual departments (or simply a sample training workshop with the marketing or human resources department). These workshops serve to transform the Core Values from theoretical concepts to operational reality. They help all employees to be more confident and collaborative in their work each day.
Phase 5: Creative Execution
Execution (based on strategy)
With the brand strategy and primary target audiences identified, the focus of Phase 5 is execution and implementation depending on specific needs. The execution will be completed by our design partner GreyBox Creative.
Brand Guidelines and Presentation
GreyBox Creative will produce a Communications Guidebook which codifies the voice and style of the new brand. The guidebook will include instructions for using the developed visual identity and messaging, as well as examples in a variety of contexts.
We will create a detailed plan to guide the rollout of the new brand across a variety of media and audiences. We will ensure that the organization is equipped with the tools and training required to carry the project forward.