- Value proposition clarification
- Brand strategy
- Brand council
- Core Values
- Organizational alignment
- Market research
- Marketing targets clarification
- Brand messaging
- Management consulting
Painful but inarguable. As always, deep and insightful work with tough but clear implications.
Before: Targeting general population and government employees.
After numerous decades in business, the financial services firm had moved away from its core target market. It had softened its value proposition such that it was no longer crystal clear inside or outside the company.
After: Abandon general population target to concentrate on newly identified sub-target among government employees.
Marketing and operational changes resulted in accelerated sales growth for the company. Those outside the recommended target were dropped from marketing, and a single psychographic subgroup of millennials was identified as the primary marketing target.
Discovery: Marketing Targets Diagram
A1 Motivated Delegator*
A3 Overwhelmed Doubter*
J General Population
Current Government Employees And
A2 Overconfident Idealist*
B Gen-X and Boomer*
People that Work
Government Spouses Plus
H Children of Current Clients
I Advisors, Field Staff, and Employees
Inner “Primary Targets” ring: The customers the organization’s marketing resources should be directed toward
Middle “Secondary Targets” ring: The customers who will likely respond positively to the organization’s message even though they are not being targeted directly
Outer “Tertiary Targets” ring: The customers the organization should not pursue in any capacity
Discovery: Brand Pyramid
5. Brand Idea
Effective Personal Coaching
4. Core Values
3. Why? (Emotional drivers)
I want …
- convenience & flexibility.
- proactive customer service.
- a firm that understands my field.
- to follow a budget and set financial goals.
2. How does the financial services firm deliver its benefits?
- Personal coaching relationships
- Comprehensive planning met with individualized solutions and services
- Focus on families of a particular background
1. What is the financial services firm?
We are the personal financial coach of government employees.