First a few important questions:
- Do you want to sink your teeth into challenging design work that is guided by strategy and not just about making things visually appealing?
- Are you both incredibly organized and incredibly creative?
- Do you like responsibility?
- Is problem-solving in all its forms one of your superpowers?
- Are you happy learning, and more importantly, do you want to hear more than just praise when you have done something extraordinary?
- Is your first instinct when faced with a daunting task to ask, “When do we get started?”
- Do you desire the opportunity to push your limits both creatively and intellectually?
If this list excites in you a notion of the possibilities—if you see clearly the yes to all of these—then you may be right for this position.
This is a junior position so we are not expecting that you have done it all before or even that you know everything you yourself think you should know. Talent and an abiding passion for design and design-thinking are of essence.
You should already be able to dance your way around a selection of the Adobe design tools, but you should also have a desire for complete mastery. Some of your responsibilities may stretch your definition of design and you will not thrive in this role if you are too sensitive to critique or lively debate, seeking only praise. You should be able to see failure for what it is—a learning opportunity of the most valuable kind. You must also be willing to hand off your baby and also to care for someone else’s as if it were your own. (Please reread the definition of collaboration on the Tronvig Group Careers page and see within yourself if you can do it.)
This work is not the work of an artist but rather that of a creative mind addressing real and meaningful challenges for which design offers a path forward.
The Junior Designer position is an immediate opening for full time, working from our Brooklyn office.
To learn more about our company culture and get all the application details please visit the Tronvig Group Careers page.